Saturday, April 20, 2013

Strawberry Manicure

Today's manicure was created for the Sweets challenge on the Facebook group She Who Does Nails.

Cat's Colorful Claws - Strawberry Nails

Strawberries are sweet? Aren't they? I know the rest of the participants are doing more commonly thought of sweets, such as candy bars and cupcakes, but I've been dying to try out making my own stamping decals and this strawberry design seemed like a perfect stamp to start with.

I started with 2 coats of All That Glitters polish - I Luv Me.  This polish comes from the Bitter Hearts collection and can be found at the All That Glitters etsy store.  This glittery polish is so pretty and the perfect background for my strawberries!

 
Next I made decals using the strawberry from Cheeky plate CH13.  For the pink berries, I used Essie's Splash of Grenadine and for the red - Sally Hansen Cherry Red.


Not too bad for a first attempt, I think.

Check out all the other amazingly sweet manicures for this challenge!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment