Saturday, April 13, 2013

Julep April - It Girl Swatches

I got 3 beautiful polishes in my Julep box this month and I created a stamped manicure with 2 of them.

First I put on a coat of a cream colored polish to cover over my stained nails.  Considering the stains are yellow this may have been unnecessary but I wasn't sure what color I was going to start with, so I put the base coat on first.

Next I did one coat of Abbie.  I'm really impressed that I only needed 1 coat.  If I had been planning to wear it without stamping I would have applied one more just to even out a few places but 1 coat covered surprisingly well.  All my other yellow nail polishes take at least 3 coats to give a reasonable finish.  So if you are looking for a good yellow, I definitely recommend this one.


Then I used the purple polish, Eden and Pueen stamp 19.

Cat's Colorful Claws
The stamp messed up a little on the pointer finger - user error.  But aside from that I really like the effect.

Here's a picture of all 3 polishes I got in my box. The green is called McKenzie and I really love it, as well. I'll do a swatch of it soon.

 
Cat's Colorful Claws - Julep's April It Girl Box


The first polish, Eden, photographed much more blue than it actually is.  It's really a deep, rich purple.  Very pretty.  It deserves a swatch of it's own, as well.

I have to say I've only been doing the Julep Maven box for a couple of months but I've been very happy with what I've received.

If you are interested, check out Julep Maven Program.
Note:  I paid for these polishes myself and I'm not affiliated with Julep in any way.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment